Tricia Worden, PHR, SHRM-CP
Owner, HR Consultant
Tricia’s experience and expertise includes Human Resource, Operations, and Project Management within IT, managed services, and non-profit industries.
She successfully built an HR department for a technology startup using HR best practices, and grew headcount to a historic growth rate of 403%, all while building an improved and favorable corporate culture.
Tricia has successfully led the HR due-diligence for three rounds of venture capital funding. Her expertise extends into organization and team management, on and off-boarding, benefits administration, policies and procedures/handbook development, talent acquisition, conflict resolution, coaching, compliance, training and development, and culture management. In addition, she successfully led the planning and completion of several office designs, build-outs, and relocations.
Tricia has a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Project Management from Liberty University. She is also a member of the Leadership Berkeley Class of 2018, a comprehensive leadership development program offered by the Martinsburg-Berkeley County Chamber of Commerce. Tricia serves on the Women’s Network Committee, Women’s Network Mentoring Committee, and as an Ambassador for the Martinsburg-Berkeley County Chamber of Commerce.
In her spare time, she enjoys gardening, a good book, outdoor activities, and spending time with family and friends. She lives in Harpers Ferry, WV with her husband, Andrew, 2 dogs, Lurch and Bella, and 2 cats, Cali and Boots.
- PHR from HR Certification Institute
- SHRM-CP from the Society of Human Resource Management
- SHRM – FLSA: Navigating the Fair Labor Standards Act
- WVSHRM – Legislative & Law Conference
- EPSHRM – How recent developments will impact the HR Professional
- HR Acuity – HR Must Practices for Mitigating Business Risk
- Harpers Ferry Middle School Career Day – What HR Means to You
- WV State Treasurer & Jefferson County Chamber – Get a Life Program
- BRCTC – Annual High School Business Symposium
- Martinsburg-Berkeley County Chamber News@Noon Program – HR 101 – Recruiting & Hiring
- First Bank – Connecting with Contractors – HR 101 – Recruiting & Hiring
NextGen HR Serves Small Businesses In:
Jefferson, Berkeley, and Morgan Counties
Clarke, Frederick, and Loudoun Counties
Frederick and Washington Counties
Hiring new talent is a critical function to any small business. Employees are the biggest asset in all companies, regardless of the size, and typically account for 80% of the operational costs of running the business. As a small business, it is important to hire the...read more